Motor-Services Hugo Stamp (MSHS) specializes in the overhaul, repair, maintenance and testing of diesel engines, turbochargers, and filtration equipment. As an authorized distributor and service center for the world’s diesel engine, turbocharger, and equipment manufacturers, MSHS provides extensive service and inventory support. MSHS is ISO 9001:2015 certified and has a dedicated staff of engineers, mechanics, and machinists.
This position works under supervision and is responsible for the execution of repair/welding works on site / on board and in shop by performing designated duties personally. Be independent after given instruction for the execution of scope of works. Attend provided trainings to extend Self-motivated Workshop Technician (Welder) seeking further knowledge related to new techniques and procedures. This person wil carry out Welder responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparation of service in the workshop, execute welding procedure and maintaining welding, cutting and grinding equipment. Performing assembly and disassembly of main engines and/or auxiliary diesel generators, turbochargers, and all associated processes for the purpose of repair, maintenance, and installation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Preparation of personal hand tools, consumables and materials
Preparation of jobs including field/shop service execution
Manufacturing of special applications such as pipe fabrication by sample and measurements, tool designs, and equipment
Operation of measuring tools
Welding and brazing procedures
Support workshop in performing maintenance, repair, and overhaul on diesel engine components.
– Knowledge in reading technical drawings in standard and metric measurements
– Capable to work with portable Stick Welding Equipment; Knowledge of components, engines & pipe systems and equipment; Capable to work with portable and shop equipment on site, including:
ARC welding equipment
MIG welding equipment
TIG welding equipment
Operate cutting torch, to size
Plasma cutting equipment, to size
Brazing & Oxy-Fuel welding/cutting
Valve seat grinder/cutter
Test equipment ( magnaflux, dye check; hardness tester)
– Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, and safety procedures.
– Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
– Using mathematics to solve problems and be able to execute works in metric dimensions.
– Using profound basics to identify correct welding operation and be able to execute the welding repairs in good quality according to industry standards.
Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul
– Basic knowledge of diesel engine components, and mechanical/ hydraulic components.
Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Team Member – Able to respect co-workers; maintain team work; follow instructions of Supervisor. Report to Supervisor and other departments; able to apply for Certificates as needed for special work scopes.
Dependability – Reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Initiative – A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education