Welding & Fabrication Manager
We are seeking a Welding/Fabrication Manager to become an integral part of our team, and supervise our welding/fabrication operations at our fabrication facility in Eureka, CA, working under the direction of the CEO. Will direct, monitor and administer operations of assigned welders and ensure quality of workmanship. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervises skilled labor engaged in all activities concerned with the fabrication work aspects of the project. Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the work. Able to demonstrate good organizational skills, following policies, procedures and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
· Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation. Keeps records of all work completed and completion of “Action Lists”.
· Commands respect of his workforce and develops excellent working relationships with all other department personnel as well as client management.
· Must be a good communicator. Able to give instructions in an efficient and effective way to his workforce. Liaises with other supervisors/management to ensure the optimum utilization of available work, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
· Reviews new welders assigned to ensure they are adequately qualified. Ensure new welding operators are suitably trained and instructed on the project work scope and quality requirements.
· Ensures all necessary plant equipment is maintained in a current operable and calibrated condition. Ensure consumable control requirements are closely followed. Ensures that workers are properly supplied with tools, equipment and materials. Prevents wastage and misuse of equipment, materials and tools. Supervises work crews to best utilize manpower and materials, exercises discipline at the work site to prevent absenteeism, unsafe work practices and idleness.
· Ensures that job marking requirements are followed. Ensure completed welds are of acceptable visual quality prior to invoicing the customer.
· Completes evaluations and provides information on fabricators’ performance. Complete the required monitoring of welding qualification updates. Identifies, formulates and implements “on-the-job” training programs for the workforce under his responsibility.
· Ensures particular work orders/scopes are correct & displayed so that the welding operators are aware of the job requirements and comply with same.
· Familiar with all Company and OSHA safety procedures & regulations and strictly enforces them with the workforce under his responsibility. Complies with the highest level of safety during all stages of project execution to avoid any type of incidents and / or accidents. Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
· Extensive familiarity with welding & fabrication works with at least 2 – 5 years of experience as Foreman or Lead position.
· A dynamic leader of his workforce.
· Able to motivate others, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
· A creative thinker and very good organizer.
Education and/or Experience:
· Minimum High School Certificate plus certificate or diploma or equivalent professional qualification.
hold a CA Drivers License
· TRAINING: Successfully completed apprenticeship or equivalent vocational training.
Can work with little supervision and under pressure
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $45.00 per hour
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Eureka, CA 95501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Welders & Fabricators: 5 years (Required)
Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
$30 – $45 an hour
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education