Steel Fabricator (Metal Stairs and Railing Layout)
We are looking for someone to layout steel stairs, railings, ladders, misc metals, etc.
Significant compensation is available along with health insurance and retirement plan.
Welder Fabricator Job Description
· Welder Fabricators may work on projects as big as bridges or as small as bicycles, but their job is essentially the same; designing, cutting and shaping metal.
· A Welder Fabricator may be involved in the creation of new structures or objects or may be hired to repair existing ones.
§ Welder Fabricators are generally part of a team of other skilled workers, however, their duties are often performed with minimal supervision so Welder Fabricators must be comfortable working independently in a factory setting.
Welder Fabricator Duties and Responsibilities
· Read Blueprints
· Welder Fabricators must be able to read and interpret blueprints and engineering plans. The Welder Fabricator will use the blueprints along with other data, such as work plans, to develop and design their welding projects
· Fabricate Metal Objects
Fabrication involves laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object. This is highly detailed work and requires the Welder Fabricator to be knowledgeable of many techniques and tools.
· Inspect Work and Equipment
A Welder Fabricator must constantly inspect and test welds and equipment. Welds are checked for durability as well as meeting specified standards and equipment must be examined to determine if repairs or new equipment is needed.
Welder Fabricator Skills
· A successful Welder Fabricator enjoys working with their hands and has an analytical mind. They can physically meet the demands of the job and have an eye for detail. In addition to these traits, employers look for applicants with the following skillsets.
· Core skills: Based on job listings we looked at, employers want Welder Fabricators with these core skills. If you want to work as a Welder Fabricator, focus on the following.
o Ability to use variety of tools and equipment
o Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
o Ability to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications
o Knowledge of industry safety practices
Advanced skills: While most employers did not require the following skills, multiple job listings included them as preferred. Add these to your Welder Fabricator toolbox and broaden your career options.
o Knowledge of specific welding processes, such as TIG, MIG and ARC
o Ability to use heavy machinery, such as forklifts and cranes.
Salary & Beneifts:
· $40,000.00 – $80,000.00 annual Salary
· Health Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Egg Harbor City, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Welding: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
$40,000 – $80,000 a year
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education