Are you a self-motivated, team player looking for a position that allows you to continue to learn and grow? SMC Metal is looking for a full-time Fabrication Technician with an emphasis in welding to join our team. No experience is necessary as we offer paid on-the-job training with our skill-based pay system. This means that you will receive additional compensation for every skill that you complete.
Starting pay is $17.85 per hour plus $1.00 shift differential. Additional pay based on experience.
The hours are Friday – Sunday from 6:00am-6:00pm
Under general supervision, this position will include fitting and joining, fabricating and repairing metal, and other materials by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each skill satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Welding certificate or technical diploma preferred.
2. Previous experience in weld fabrication environment preferred.
3. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, weld symbols, instructions, and customer specifications.
4. Knowledge of welding processes, such as MIG and TIG.
5. Physical requirements – person must stand for the entire shift, lift up to 50 pounds repetitively throughout the shift, and have good balance along with hand-eye-foot coordination.
6. Must be self-motivated, team player and have good communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
1. Weld components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
2. Sets-up, lays out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricated parts and/or rework finished products.
3. Read, understand, and follow blueprints, job order specifications, engineering drawings.
4. Determine and use the correct weld fixture if available.
5. Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
6. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
7. Adhere to all SMC and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
8. Other duties as assigned or required.
SMC Metal is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education