is a premier storage container rental and sales company. We are in Milton WA and have an opening for a Welder/fabricator/ Forklift Operator to assist us in our yard operations. The position will perform a wide variety of welding and fabrication work ranging from simple welding on non-carrying metal parts and pieces to moving parts in heavy machinery or structural steel components along with operation of industrial forklift to unload, sort and stack marine containers. This is an outside position, so you must be will be working in an outside environment out in the elements.
Individual must be able to manage multiple tasks and workload in a timely manner with minimal supervision
This position requires an experienced welder (2+ years of experience) who is knowledgeable on use of plasma cutter, chop saw, grinder, hand and power tools and MIG and arc welders. You must be able to work independently, see project through from beginning to end and keep a positive team attitude. If you’re the kind of person that understands how small business works and can pitch in wherever you are needed, you will fit right in with our other employees.
Must be able to lift 50-100 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Repairing and changing parts on delivery trailers, forklifts or other machinery as needed
· Operated welding machines/plasma cutters in cutting and welding structural and non-structural steel of containers and their repair
· Cuts, welds, brazes and solders metal parts in the repair and replacement of parts for mechanical equipment or in the repair or replacement of container parts
· Follows rough sketches or blueprints in doing structural or major repair work
· Aligns, sets in place and welds bases and frames for special projects or modifications to include but not limited to: walk-in man doors, windows, roll-up doors and lock boxes
· Fabricates metal framing, repairs patches, ventilating frames, wall brackets, shelves, supports, railings, interior wood framing, etc.
· Performs miscellaneous related duties such as inventory tracking, driving a forklift, loading/unloading trucks, ordering parts, communicating with vendors, etc.
· 2+ years of welding and fabrication experience
· Knowledge of safe welding practices and procedures
· Ability to operate an industrial forklift
· Reliable transportation
· Ability to pass drug screening and background check
· Ability to pass welding test
We offer the following:
· Competitive regular wages – $22 to $28 per hour depending on experience
· Safety First work environment
· Paid holidays and sick days
· Normal work hours Monday – Friday
· Health vision and dental Insurance
· Supportive team of co-workers
Pay range is dependent upon experience
Container Storage is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and takes great pride in building a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Container Storage is an alcohol and drug free workplace with a zero tolerance policy on drug and alcohol use.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
Forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
WA Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
$22 – $28 an hour
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education