Welder/Fabricator – Afternoon/Nights
Hiring for Welders in our Fabrication area! If you like working in a collaborative team-focused environment and enjoy variety in your projects, this might be a great fit for you.
CAID offers full time schedules for our employees, Overtime, Health Care/Dental/Vison (including a company paid option), long and short term disability and basic health insurance are COMPANY PAID), 80 hours of PAID vacation, PPE reimbursement for boots/prescription safety glasses and a company 5% match 401K retirement plan.
· Welds on jobs as assigned.
· Periodically reviews his welding to ensure that adequate weld size and penetration is maintained.
· Discusses any problems found with a lead person, project manager or QC department.
· Perform correct setup and operation of all machinery to which he is assigned.
· Performs any other assigned duties including, but not limited to, the following: grinding, fit-up, drilling, shearing, or assisting others.
· Maintains clean and safe working areas. (This applies not just to the welder’s primary area, but to any other area in which he may be working.)
· Obtain the correct consumables and tools from Tool Room Attendant. Maintains all tools and consumables to extend their working life.
· Gives project manager or job lead feedback as to conditions or issues that will have an impact on the job.
· Looks for ways to increase efficiency and quality in his work while following correct procedures as required.
· May be required to perform field work as necessary.
· 2/3G certification required – 6G certification preferred
· 1 year of experience welding at a 2/3G level; 2-3 years’ experience preferred.
· Demonstrate ability to with semi-automated weld process and set-up
· Understands blueprints and part layouts (“stretch-outs”). Works with project lead men, detailers, or project managers to ensure accuracy of part dimensions and requirements.
· Can safely and properly Rig work pieces
· Can safely and efficiently enter/ exit/ operate man-lifts and scissor lifts
· Must be able to perform sustained periods of grinding, needle scaling etc.
· Piping experience preferred
Manufacturing environment: May be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts, and exotic materials.
Sitting, standing, kneeling, laying, stooping, crawling, reaching, pulling, lifting up to 50lbs regularly.
This is a Safety Sensitive position: A Safety Sensitive position is a job or position where the employee holding this position has the responsibility for his/her own safety or other people’s safety. It would be particularly dangerous if such an employee is using drugs or alcohol while on job. An employee must be with clear mind and diligent while occupying such positions.
*The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required. Staffing of positions to be determined by the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
10 hour shift
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Tucson, AZ 85706: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Are you interested in afternoon/evening shifts?
Are you interested in Overtime if available?
Welding: 2 years (Required)
MIG welding: 1 year (Required)
TIG welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education