Gallagher Fluid Seals, Inc. is a global distributor and manufacturer of Fluid Sealing products. Gallagher represents the strongest seal manufacturers in the world, in addition to operating its own gasket fabrication facility. Gallagher serves both OEM & MRO customers through the development of technical solutions that solve sealing challenges.
PURPOSE: Warehouse associates receive, store, pick, package, and ship merchandise in accordance with GFS policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive merchandise delivered to the company by UPS, LTI, or other outside supplier. Verification of quantities received according to company policy including dimensions, durometer, certifications, test reports, and other special requirements.
- Select, pick, and pull, package, label,and ship customer orders according to customer requirements and GFS policies and procedures.
- Maintain the physical inventory, stock, and cycle count specific purchased items, and make adjustments of discrepancy counts in computer system.
- Identify, sort, and store damaged merchandise according to company non-conformance procedures.
- Operate required equipment including manual or electric pallet jacks, forklifts, and packing equipment in a safe manner according to company policy.
- Maintain an orderly and clean warehouse operation. Follow company policy and procedures regarding warehouse security and safety.
- Advise supervisor of any developments affecting the company.
- Contribute to the quality and environmentalefforts by following policies and procedures and recommending improvements.
- Make stock adjustments on company computer system after investigation and communication to manager of large discrepancies.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Willingness to demonstrate a strong orientation toward work, for example, reliable attendance, good performance and effective personal time management.
- Ability to readily adapt to changes in work schedule, specification, and work priorities.
- Ability to use a calculator and perform basic mathematical operations. Read a ruler and other measuring devices such as calipers and durometers.
- A basic understanding of safe work practices including lifting and the operation of equipment.
- Must be able to operate equipment including any of the following: manual and electric pallet jacks, forklifts, shredder,and like equipment.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 70 pounds.
- Demonstrate and practice GFS core values.