At MGS Mfg. Group, we are an engineering house, a toolmaker, a blow molder, an injection molder, and a custom machine builder all under one company. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible.
We are a leader in our industry and work with a diverse customer base.
Qualification for this position is predicated not only on satisfactory performance of essential duties as outlined below, but also on compliance with general company policies and procedures. Employees assigned to this position must communicate assignment progression to their supervisor by performing the following essential duties/responsibilities and any other duties as assigned.
Daily Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read engineering drawings and use necessary measuring devices to produce or modify existing tooling, new tools, or old tools.
- Repair or request replacement parts, tooling or hardware as needed in order to maintain inventory of tooling.
- Set-up and operate all Toolroom machines.
- Set-up and operate all hand-tool equipment along with manual tool machines.
- Coordinate with specialty machining areas for specific operations or needs.
- Understand and perform quality standards, methods, usage of inspection devices, and reporting as required.
- Provide input to Design/Program Management departments while at preliminary review.
- Coordinate the ordering of proper materials with Design department.
- Assemble final tool according to engineering drawings.
- Assist in first sample and offer suggestions to ready tool for production.
- Possibly work with and train apprentices, offer aid to their progression.
- Trouble-shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of tools and hot systems.
Experience and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the satisfaction of the assigned supervisor. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience and Training
Completion of an accredited technical college program, in a related field of study, and a state indentured tool and die apprenticeship with Journeymen card or accrued experience.
Good understanding and ability to perform tasks and create documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook. Knowledge of Pro-E, Solidworks, or Autodesk Inventor is helpful.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and perform advanced mathematical functions using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals in both English and Metric systems are required. Compute rate, ratio, percents, and interpret bar graphs.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability, life, FSA, vacation, and holidays.
Experience 3-5 years experience