At Computer Aided Technology we are combining the strength of our core values, our people, and our desire to exceed our customers’ expectations to re-imagine the way we work. In most roles, we offer a flexible work environment that provides both remote and in-person office days to collaborate and meet with co-workers.
The Applications Engineer, Tooling Specialist is responsible for partnering with our sales team as well as CATI customers, leveraging their knowledge and experience to expose opportunities for using additive manufacturing tools and methods in design of tooling for manufacturing processes. Additionally, this individual will provide engineering support or consultative services on complex projects or technical assignments, to meet customer needs.
- Has an opportunity to bring large-scale production and manufacturing knowledge and experience to develop and grow this role from the ground up
- Designing a variety of tools consistent with standard tool configuration, including cutting and forming tools. May be responsible for the design of a wider variety of tooling consistent with company and customer standards including molding, machining, drilling, assembly, bonding and check fixtures to improve workflow
- May identify problems with performance or tool life and recommend solutions or enhancements
- Demonstrating increasing knowledge and capability as engineering experience increases
- Performing research, testing, data gathering, measurements, or engineering analysis in an office, laboratory or manufacturing environment. Engineering assignments of average complexity may be performed independently
- 4-year degree preferred in manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering, or similar.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in tooling design and development preferred
- Experience as a machinist or supervisor of automated systems in preferred
- Automotive industry experience is required
- Additive manufacturing experience is a plus
- Must be extremely customer focused and service oriented
- Ability to learn new skills, adapt to changing environments and show attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with teams
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Proficient problem solving and analytical ability
- <40% travel required
Who WE are: Founded in 1992, Computer Aided Technology (CATI) has been a trailblazing and dedicated leading industry provider of product development solutions in the world of 3D Manufacturing and Engineering. With the help of our powerful portfolio of software, 3D printing, 3D scanning and metrology, PDM and PLM, design automation, and implementation solutions, CATI has created an award winning organization that helps its customers stay ahead of the game when it comes to developing and designing products. After experiencing tremendous growth, CATI boasts the title of Largest SOLIDWORKS Solutions Provider and #1 reseller of 3D Printers in the world! CATI is dedicated to teamwork, fostering a great workplace, and playing to win!
Why you’ll love working at CATI:
- Hybrid working model
- Full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and healthcare savings/spending account options
- Company paid benefits including Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Basic Life Insurance
- Optional benefits such as pet, legal, identity protection, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Paid Holidays (includes floating holidays), PTO, and Voluntary Time Off
- 401K with a generous employer match
- Professional development opportunities and certifications
- Casual office attire, with the exception of customer appointments
- Complimentary beverages and snacks provided in office
- Company culture that encourages innovation, tenacity, and personal and professional development