Yaskawa Canada, Inc. (“Yaskawa”), is an established leader in industrial automation and robotics solutions, with more than 500,000 Motoman industrial robots, 18 million servos and 30 million inverter drives installed globally. Yaskawa provides automation products and solutions for virtually every industry and robotic application, including arc welding, assembly, coating, dispensing, material handling, material cutting, material removal, packaging, palletizing and spot welding.
Our company is looking for a Senior Field Service Technician to join our team immediately. This is a permanent, full-time position of 40 hours per week. We are offering a salary of $36.92/hour along with two weeks of vacation per calendar year. Overtime at a rate of 1.5x will be provided after 40 hours, and premium rates for overnight and weekend shifts are available. Salaries are reviewed annually with potential for increases. Additionally, the Senior Field Service Technician will receive benefits including extended health care, health spending account, dental care, long-term disability, life insurance, and a registered pension plan. Employees are also eligible to participate in our customer satisfaction performance bonus program with a bonus range of 0-4% of salary, along with potential profit sharing after 6 months of employment.
Our Canadian headquarters, and the location you will report to, is at 3530 Laird Road, Unit 3, Mississauga, Ontario, L5L 5Z7. Regular travel to customer sites within approximately 400 km is required. Company vehicle will be provided. The language of work for this position is English.
The Senior Field Service Technician is responsible for providing service in the areas of installation, repair, maintenance, training, and modifications of a wide variety of robotic systems and devices. Specifically, the main duties for this position include:
- Interpreting and understanding design drawings and specifications for robotic systems and devices for the purposes of installing, modifying and repairing products for clients;
- Performing installations, preventative maintenance, and emergency repairs on robotic systems, controllers and related equipment;
- Testing, analysing, and inspecting all parts of installed equipment and devices to ensure optimal and safe performance;
- Ensuring compliance with safety protocols;
- Identifying and completing complicated repair work for systems, controllers and equipment;
- Drafting reports documenting the work performed;
- Coordinating the provision of service support with Regional Sales Managers;
- Reporting and resolving larger safety and service-related issues with management support;
- Assisting customers in developing manufacturing and processing procedures with Yaskawa robots, set equipment controls, and inspect processes;
- Participating and helping in the design of new or updated equipment and instruments by providing feedback on performance, repairability, and other relevant factors to the Research and Development teams as needed; and
- Overseeing, training and assisting less experienced technicians performing repairs;
You must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of certificate, diploma or training in robotics, electromechanics, mechatronics or automation;
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing robotic or electromechanical systems;
- Strong working knowledge of thermal processes including MIG/TIG/Resistance welding and plasma applications;
- Experience working with Yaskawa robotic systems, controllers and related equipment;
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Senior Field Service Technician”. Please provide your resume upon submission of application. Applicants who do not submit a resume will not be considered.