Want to join a winning team where no two days are the same! We have a unique opportunity for a person who likes to think outside the box. Our well-established sign shop for over 30 years, is seeking several individuals to join our fabrication team.
We are custom builders of architecturally finished sign products. We are looking for a solution-driven builder of custom signs and awnings. The ideal candidate can fabricate with a variety of techniques but is not limited to cutting, grinding, bending, welding, and finishing of metals.
3-5 years of experience as a Producer, Fabricator, or Finisher within a custom creative shop.
A creative mind that can cut, weld, and fabricate custom shapes and frames out of aluminum stock.
Ability to bend and manipulate aluminum sheet metal to cover frames.
Able to use bondo to finish, sand, seam, and fix any imperfections to prepare for primer and paint.
Jack of all trades who is familiar with the construction industry.
Must be able to safely use operate and maintain power tools while following OSHA Guidelines.
Able to read and comprehend shop drawings for fabrications and installations.
Must be physically fit and able to perform strenuous labor, including, lifting, climbing ladders, and working from bucket trucks and lifts.
· Possess the ability to think fast on your feet, and be able to adapt and modify plans on the fly and in the field in order to prevent delays and complete the job.
· Strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task and be well organized.
· Ability to use basic hand and power tools to cut, grind, saw, and finish various materials.
· Fabricate metal cabinets, frames, boxes, and awnings, as well as other sign components.
· Operate MIG welder to weld aluminum and steel.
· Assist in the installations and project setups as needed.
· Drills, taps, rivets, screws and adheres parts together.
· Operates metal cutting equipment to precisely cut and finish signs/blanks.
· Clean, valid NYS Driver’s License.
· Computer skills are a plus.
· Possess a sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits
· We pay top industry rates based on the experience and skills of each candidate. $20-$35 per hour.
· We offer paid time off, vacation & holiday pay.
· We offer company contributed medical benefits after the qualification period.
· $1,000 Sign-On and Retention bonuses are offered for the right candidate.
Please visit our website at
San Signs & Awnings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion,
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $35.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
$20 – $35 an hour
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education