Under indirect supervision, provide customer service in the areas of counseling, installation, repair, maintenance and modifications of a wide variety of robotic systems and devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform preventative and emergency repair procedures, completing required reports and satisfying customer needs through practical field experience and in-depth company training programs.
• Complete Service Application Technician technical qualifications.
• Responsible for safety (in-house and at customer site), in-depth troubleshooting of limited range of robotic systems, preventative maintenance of robots/controllers/related equipment.
• In-depth repair of robots, controllers and related equipment.
• Provide technical training to field service technicians.
• Perform research on software options, parameter functions, and controller features and document findings.
• Perform programming on a limited number of robot types and be able to train customers.
• Continue to refine customer relation skills.
• Generate and follow-up on service trip reports.
• Take spare parts orders.
• Communicate, attack and resolve safety/service related issues via verbal and written reports.
• Refer Sales/Service leads.
• Coordinate service support efforts with regional sales managers.
• Must be able to travel. Must have a valid driver’s license and full coverage automobile insurance.
• Promote teamwork and foster exemplary work environment. Interface with co-workers in a manner that enhances employee satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree (AA) from a college or university and four years related experience in troubleshooting and repair of robotic or electromechanical systems and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, use hands to handle and/or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Duties may require the occasional use of/contact with/exposure to various hazardous materials such as, but not limited to, grease, oils, lubricants, paint, thinner, parts cleaner, etc. Employees should have basic awareness of hazardous materials cautions. Those directly using the materials must have specific knowledge of material in use.
Motoman is an EEO employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)