Under indirect supervision, provide technical assistance to include in-depth troubleshooting, programming and program modifications, corrective action and consulting services to customer base and Yaskawa America employees over the breadth of the Yaskawa America product line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Must be able to travel. Must have a valid driver’s license and full coverage automobile insurance.
• Perform preventive and emergency repair procedures, completing required reports and satisfying customer needs through practical field experience and in-depth company training programs.
• Assume the principle responsibility for providing technical support for all less experienced personnel in a geographical area.
• Complete Field Service Technician and Service Application Technician qualifications.
• Responsible for safety (in-house and at customer site). In-depth troubleshooting of broad range of robotic systems, preventive maintenance of robots / controllers / related equipment.
• In-depth repair of robots, controllers and related equipment.
• In-depth phone support of troubleshooting / repair issues.
• Continue to refine customer relation skills
• Provide technical training to Field Service Technicians and Service Application Technicians.
• Take direction for service trips from headquarters personnel.
• Generate and follow-up on service trip reports.
• Take spare parts orders.
• Communicate, attack and resolve safety / service related issues via verbal and written reports.
• Coordinate service support efforts with Regional Sales Managers.
• Responsible for servicing customer in geographical territory – courtesy visits, provide application knowledge.
• Responsible for remote office spares inventory management.
• Responsible for remote office demo systems to ensure they are operational.
• Promote teamwork and foster exemplary work environment. Interface with co-workers in a manner that enhances employee satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree (AA) and six years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and / or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision ability requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Duties may require the occasional use of / contact with / exposure to various hazardous materials such as, but not limited to, grease, oils, lubricants, paint, thinner, parts cleaner, etc. Employees should have basic awareness of hazardous materials cautions. Those directly using the materials must have specific knowledge of material in use.
Yaskawa is an EEO employer of minorities / females / disabled / veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)