Production Welder – Fabricator – Metal Fabrication
Location: Newport East (West Branch, IA)
$17-25/hr based on experience
Full Time / Part Time
Full Job Description
Are you a perfectionist who enjoys following directions? Are you someone that thrives in a routine, focusing on the task at hand until completed? Once given the proper direction do you enjoy working independently?
Newport Industries is looking for a structured, detail orientated, hardworking individual to work in our production fabrication shop. This position will primarily focus on fabricating parts and products for our Industrial Pulley Puller and S.A.T. Carwash product lines. As inventory is sold, inventory needs to be replenished. We manufacture 75+ products with build sizes typically ranging from 30-50 parts at a time. This position will be working mainly at our West Branch
Location with the possibility of helping at our Iowa City location when needed.
This job could be full time or part time.
$17-25/hr based on experience
Day shift, hours will depend on whether employee is part time or full time.
Primary, West Branch (Newport East) Location
Benefits for Full Time Employees
– Health Insurance
– Paid Time Off
– 401(K) / (401(K) Matching)
– Employee Discount
Newport Industries is the parent company of multiple subsidiary companies including Newport
Fab & Machine, Industrial Pulley Puller, S.A.T. Carwash, & Living By Newport. Newport Fab &
Machine is a Metal Fabrication Job Shop that specializes in custom one off metal fabrication projects and also does high production contract fabrication. Industrial Pulley Puller is a worldwide product line of large hydraulic pullers. S.A.T. Carwash is a OEM manufacture of Self
Service car wash parts distributed nationwide. Living By Newport is a new up and coming business where Newport Industries designs it’s own OEM products and sells worldwide for anything inspired by Newport to serve the home of comfort living.
– Prior welding experience in Mig and/or Tig on any of the following materials, steel, stainless steel, & aluminum
– Ability to safely operate metal cutting equipment (iron worker, saws, grinder, sander, drill press, etc.)
– Experience in bending metal parts
– Proficient at using measurement tools (tape measure, caliper, square, etc.)
– Experience in Blueprint reading
– Understand fundamental fabrication processes & techniques
– Experience operating a forklift
– Has the ability to take directions and complete assigned tasks correctly and efficiently
– Has basic mechanical skills
– Ability to work independently, and follow directions, understand, and interpret drawings, details, and written instructions
– Detail Oriented
– Has a quick, efficient work ethic that demonstrates complete thoroughness
– Good Attitude
– Capable of regularly lifting randomly sized items up to 50-100 pounds
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Handle raw materials
– Cut metal material to size using saw and other metal cutting equipment
– Use tools to deburr metal parts.
– Bend parts using our CNC Press Brake
– Manufacture projects according to the specified prints, usually larger qty’s 30-50 pcs / build
– Assist in loading and unloading our CNC robotic welding cell
– Assist in loading and unloading our CNC laser table
– Perform basic math calculations
– Assist in removing shop garbage and recyclables.
– Work with all Team Members to keep the shop floor clean and organized.
– Show a strong commitment to quality, safety, and customer service. Ensure company policies and procedures are consistently followed.
Thank you for taking the time to explore what Newport Industries has to offer. If this is something that interests you, please take the steps below to proceed with application process.
– Click the link below and take the brief 5-minute hiring survey
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 – $25.00 per hour
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
West Branch, IA 52358: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
$17 – $25 an hour
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education