MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, Production Manager at our production facility in Germantown, WI!
MGS Mfg. Group is a leading global provider of optimized manufacturing solutions for high precision plastic products – with services including: engineering & design-for-manufacture, mold making, sampling, development & qualification, injection molding & value-added operations, multi-shot technologies, scalable automation, assemblies and application-specific turnkey manufacturing systems. We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and look for individuals that have the same passion! Our employees are a vital part of our success. We maintain and reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect and communication that will foster continued growth and career opportunities. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire a culture of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Safety. To learn more visit us at www.mgsmfg.com.
The Operations Manager directs development of new production processes, along with continuous improvement of operating efficiencies and provision of technical process support to manufacturing.
As Production Manager, imagine yourself being accountable for the following:
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that safety remains your team’s highest priority, following and understanding all safety rules.
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices, keeping in mind your safety and the safety of others.
- Direct and prioritize day-to-day activities for the production team and clearly communicate production needs and asks from other plant departments—maintenance, tooling, etc.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Manages operations to plan, organize, direct, design, coordinate, control implement and maintain continuous improvements to improve safety, productivity, quality, and costs to achieve stated production goals and objectives.
- Provides support to all shifts of the business to obtain maximum growth and profitability while ensuring a safe environment.
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained.
- Hire, review, train, and mentor Operations staff.
- Assign, direct, supervise, evaluate and oversee the training and development of staff.
- Develop long-term plans for new processes and equipment.
- Facilitate communication between engineering, manufacturing, maintenance and the toolroom.
- May assist in preparing budgets.
- Solve complex problems with flow in present manufacturing process.
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the production work performed in the company.
- Directs the development of new production processes.
- Stay current on new and/or updated technology, manufacturing practices and processes related to the core business.
- Minimize downtime and increase operating efficiencies through automation, tooling or machine modifications.
- Ability to lead teams using lean manufacturing, problem solving and six sigma tools to reduce scrap, increase productivity and eliminate quality and safety issues.
- Works with teams to identify root cause of defects and ensure implementation of corrective actions
- Assess, report and ensure the timely repair of any safety hazards associated with equipment.
- Collaborates with customer base at the launch of new jobs and as an ongoing continuous improvement effort on current production jobs
- Review and approve validation protocols; FAT, SAT, IQ/OQ/PQ, PPAP, etc.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Ensure that the General Manager and Plant Manager is continuously informed of all activities regarding the various production jobs including any problems, workmanship, and products not meeting the company’s high standards of quality.
- Mentor and develop staff with a focus on professional and personal development.
- Lead the observation and adherence to all company policies and procedures holding employees accountable.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or related field required.
- Previous experience in a plastic injection molding environment with at least seven years of progressive experience in tooling, engineering, operations, or project management preferred.
- Strong team building, decision making, and people management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, project management and communication skills
- Knowledge in FDA and ISO/QS/TS Quality Systems is preferred.
- Previous experience/understanding of management principles (budgeting/expense management, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Expertise within the plastics industry in terms of standards, processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example.
Experience 5+ years experience
Education Bachelor's degree