- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the manufacturing technologies and available CI manufacturing resources.
- Route parts and assemblies necessary to produce product or related tooling projects.
- Gather and analyze production, labor, and material cost data to establish, improve, and maintain routing standards and relative accuracy.
- Interface with Engineering for clarification, correction, or requested changes (finish, tolerance, or design) as needed to reliably manufacture and produce parts and products.
- Liaison with Engineering and other departments providing input, assisting in processing, fabrication, manufacturing & assembly methods, with DFMA (Design for Manufacturability & Assembly) in mind.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Learn and support the programming requirements for the fab shop; Laser/Plasma/Oxy cutting and Press Brake Bend Simulation as delegated by supervision.
- Investigate and Root Cause production issues.
- Interface with others outside the department throughout the organization as needed to acquire, clarify, and/or resolve any issues related to projects.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout applying CINCINNATI’s production philosophies like OPEX.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any of above autonomously or with others as deemed necessary by supervision.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Release Manufacturing Orders necessary to produce product or related tooling.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Assist in plant layouts, capital purchases, installations, and disposals as needed and assigned by supervision.
- Perform duties and responsibilities of a CNC Programmer as needed and assigned by supervision.
- Perform duties and responsibilities of a Tooling Engineer as needed and assigned by supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Technologies or Mechanical Engineering.
- Co-op plus two or more years post degree experience in Manufacturing or Heavy Equipment Product Design.
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures training and applied experiences.
- Strength of Materials training and applied experiences.
- 3D CAD (parts, assemblies, drafting); Solid Edge preferred, Solid Works next best.
- Working experience with Materials, Heat-treating, Welding
- Experience programming and running N/C Lathes, Vertical Machining Centers, and/or Horizontal Machining Centers.
- 3D CAM based programming; Mastercam X or later preferred.
- Strong mechanical, manufacturing, and industrial aptitude.
- Ability to read, interpret, and create mechanical Engineering Drawings, including GD&T Tolerancing.
- Strong data gathering, organization, and analysis via applications like MS Excel.
- Thirst to continuously improve one’s mastery of the capabilities of applications like MS Excel, PowerPoint, Solid Edge, Query tools, etc.
- Strong computer, visualization, and communication (personal and technical) skills related to field.
- Analytical and Technical reporting and presentation skills; written, verbal, and digitally.
- Strong attention to details, and pride in own work
- Develop, train users, and maintain standardized Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Ability to listen and understand others both inside and outside department.
- Ability to clearly communicate, promote, and obtain agreement to processing and manufacturing methods utilizing.
- Stays focused and productive throughout the workday.
- Perform all duties in a safe and productive manner
- Commitment to company Core Values
- Willing and able to see an assignment thru in a timely manner, recognizing needs of others, production, and CINCINNATI’s customers.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and steps outside “the box” and understands how to apply training and experiences more broadly, especially technically.
- Understand, interpret, and edit machine program code (i.e. Fanuc M&G codes)
- Ability to analyze, design, and detail full range of complexity of Tooling (Fixtures, Gages, Jigs, Work Holding).
- Skilled in project supervision.
✓ Paid Vacations
✓ Paid Holiday and Personal Days
✓ Profit Sharing
✓ Medical Insurance (including HSA)
✓ Company Paid Dental Insurance
✓ Vision Insurance
✓ Accident Insurance
✓ Life Insurance: AD&D
✓ Disability Insurance
✓ Generous 401K Employer Match
✓ Flexible Spending Account
✓ Tuition Reimbursement
✓ Employee Assistance Program
✓ Parental Leave