Production Engineer ~ Manufacturing
Apply Before : April 5, 2023
Apply on Company site
Position Summary and Purpose:
Supports Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering in the processing of CI’s products through available manufacturing processes (fabrication, machining & assembly), and by supporting CI’s manufacturing initiatives of developing and improving manufacturing processes and equipment; along with reviewing and improving products for Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the manufacturing technologies and available CI manufacturing resources.
- Route parts and assemblies necessary to produce product or related tooling projects.
- Gather and analyze production, labor, and material cost data to establish, improve, and maintain routing standards and relative accuracy.
- Interface with Engineering for clarification, correction, or requested changes (finish, tolerance, or design) as needed to reliably manufacture and produce parts and products.
- Liaison with Engineering and other departments providing input, assisting in processing, fabrication, manufacturing & assembly methods, with DFMA (Design for Manufacturability & Assembly) in mind.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Learn and support the programming requirements for the fab shop; Laser/Plasma/Oxy cutting and Press Brake Bend Simulation as delegated by supervision.
- Investigate and Root Cause production issues.
- Interface with others outside the department throughout the organization as needed to acquire, clarify, and/or resolve any issues related to projects.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout applying CINCINNATI’s production philosophies like OPEX.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any of above autonomously or with others as deemed necessary by supervision.
VALUED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Release Manufacturing Orders necessary to produce product or related tooling.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Assist in plant layouts, capital purchases, installations, and disposals as needed and assigned by supervision.
- Perform duties and responsibilities of a CNC Programmer as needed and assigned by supervision.
- Perform duties and responsibilities of a Tooling Engineer as needed and assigned by supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Technologies or Mechanical Engineering.
- Co-op plus two or more years post degree experience in Manufacturing or Heavy Equipment Product Design.
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures training and applied experiences.
- Strength of Materials training and applied experiences.
- 3D CAD (parts, assemblies, drafting); Solid Edge preferred, Solid Works next best.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Working experience with Materials, Heat-treating, Welding
- Experience programming and running N/C Lathes, Vertical Machining Centers, and/or Horizontal Machining Centers.
- 3D CAM based programming; Mastercam X or later preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Characteristics, etc.
- Strong mechanical, manufacturing, and industrial aptitude.
- Ability to read, interpret, and create mechanical Engineering Drawings, including GD&T Tolerancing.
- Strong data gathering, organization, and analysis via applications like MS Excel.
- Thirst to continuously improve one’s mastery of the capabilities of applications like MS Excel, PowerPoint, Solid Edge, Query tools, etc.
- Strong computer, visualization, and communication (personal and technical) skills related to field.
- Analytical and Technical reporting and presentation skills; written, verbal, and digitally.
- Strong attention to details, and pride in own work
- Develop, train users, and maintain standardized Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Ability to listen and understand others both inside and outside department.
- Ability to clearly communicate, promote, and obtain agreement to processing and manufacturing methods utilizing.
- Stays focused and productive throughout the workday.
- Perform all duties in a safe and productive manner
- Commitment to company Core Values
- Willing and able to see an assignment thru in a timely manner, recognizing needs of others, production, and CINCINNATI’s customers.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and steps outside “the box” and understands how to apply training and experiences more broadly, especially technically.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Understand, interpret, and edit machine program code (i.e. Fanuc M&G codes)
- Ability to analyze, design, and detail full range of complexity of Tooling (Fixtures, Gages, Jigs, Work Holding).
- Skilled in project supervision.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical demands: Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The employee is occasionally exposed to non-air conditioned temperatures in the manufacturing area, and occasionally moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This role does not offer sponsorship employment benefits and being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. You must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or recent lawful permanent resident to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
✓ Paid Vacations
✓ Paid Holiday and Personal Days
✓ Profit Sharing
✓ Medical Insurance (including HSA)
✓ Company Paid Dental Insurance
✓ Vision Insurance
✓ Accident Insurance
✓ Life Insurance: AD&D
✓ Disability Insurance
✓ Generous 401K Employer Match
✓ Flexible Spending Account
✓ Tuition Reimbursement
✓ Employee Assistance Program
✓ Parental Leave