Responsible for establishing mid and long-term business relationships with select accounts to drive market share growth. This role will require a high proficiency of developing consultative relationships with all levels of customer contacts. The overall goal is to prohibit attrition of existing customers and secure new business relationships to enable business growth. Extensive collaboration and team selling is required with Yaskawa Motoman through RSMs, Integration Partners, and foreign Yaskawa affiliates to gain overall success. The MSP Business Development Manager is expected to possess or develop the competency to create a strong network of contacts within the accounts they are assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Duties also include developing and managing the execution of the overall sales strategy for development of the selected Partner Accounts.
· Gain preference and or specification for Yaskawa Motoman products and services within the assigned accounts. Develop corporate agreements with Target Partners.
· Develop strategic sales plans to address corporate, engineering and sales level activities, and lead/coordinate pursuits through geographically based sales and support organization. This activity will also include coordination of globally based Yaskawa Motoman resources/entities when applicable.
· Create senior level relationships (Director, VP, Executive) within selected Target Partners to build long term business relationships
· Report competitor activities and market share at defined Accounts
· Gain recognition as “a primary Yaskawa Motoman contact” with the decision-making customer contacts.
· Partners maybe Integrators, Distributors, Technology focused relationships or OEM’s
· Frequent travel is required. Must have a valid driver’s license and full coverage automobile insurance.
· International travel is likely, a valid passport must be maintained.
· Establish & execute strategies to meet/exceed Motoman’s Partner sales goals in units and bookings while achieving a high level of satisfaction with Partner relationships.
· Assist General Managers and Regional Sales Managers in developing successful Partner relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Professional communication, written, verbal, and presentation skills are required. Extensive utilization of CRM software, Salesforce, and SharePoint, to maintain customer information.
Must be a self-starter and have excellent negotiating, communicating, and organization skills. Must have strong manufacturing and technical comprehension. Must be able to drive at night and fly on commercial aircraft.
Motoman is an EEO employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)