MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Mechanical Engineer within our Automation Division at our facility in Germantown, WI.
MGS Mfg. Group is a best-in-class custom manufacturer that delivers plastics solutions in tooling, molding, and equipment technologies to help customers around the world bring innovative products to market.
We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and look for individuals that have the same passion! We have a global footprint and our employees are a vital part of our success. We maintain and reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect and communication that will foster continued growth and career opportunities. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire a culture of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Safety. To learn more visit us at www.mgsmfg.com .
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing and developing mechanical designs, performing 3 dimensional solid modeling, and compiling project bill of materials along with sourcing all purchased, fabricated and machined components.
As the Mechanical Engineer, you will..
- Perform engineering assignments as part of a team involved in the planning, organizing, and development of automated machinery.
- Translate recommended solutions into conceptual drawings, putting together bill of materials, technical presentations, and help with preparing quotations.
- Be proficient with modeling parts, building assemblies, and creating detail drawings utilizing SolidWorks 3D design software.
- Compile project bill of materials along with sourcing all purchased, fabricated, and machined components.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and use necessary measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, and indicators.
- Work with the shop providing guidance on assembly and component fit, form, and function verification.
- Carry out design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications.
- Be responsible for working to a defined schedule and budget.
- Create and update user manual documentation.
- Support and assist in continuous improvement plans.
- Act, as required, in a customer service technical support role both internally and externally.
- May be required to give presentations both internally and externally
Experience and Skills
A qualified Mechanical Engineer will possess these qualifications:
- Completion of an accredited two-year or four-year university program, in a related field of study, or equal accrued experience and training. Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Exposure to developing machine systems having servo, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical actuated systems.
- Experience in the field of factory automation equipment design.
- Experience developing equipment around plastic injection molded parts is preferred.
- Ability to work independently from supervisor and team with minimal guidance.
- Technical skills in design and methods.
- Proficiency in part, assembly, and drawing creation with the ability to design, analyze, manipulate, and work with 3D surfaces.
- Good understanding and ability to perform tasks and create documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- Knowledge of Pro-E, Solidworks, or AutoCad design software.
Why you should apply:
- Great Benefits
- 401K Match
- Paid Holidays
- Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Excellent Teamwork and culture
Experience 3-5 years experience
Education Advanced graduate degree