Position Summary and Purpose: Lead projects and engineering designs for product lines by studying customer requirements, and researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects for new and legacy projects including: creating and adhering to project schedule, collaborating with other departments to generate project specifications and design, and coordinate efforts with critical vendors.
- Follow new product design procedure with approval gateways to design, implement and release new product.
- Support product development in engineering and in the factory environment.
- Provide creative solutions to lessen impact of commercial product obsolescence.
- Specify and select industrial hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Serve as technical support for marketing, purchasing, manufacturing and assembly, parts, service and field installation.
- Create assemblies/models/details as needed to support team and provide manufacturing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is required
- Fully capable of performing all levels of tasks needed to complete a project or sales order, including all aspects of 3D CAD, detailing designs to component level
- Five plus years machine design or similar experience; proficiency with Solid Edge 2-D and 3-D CAD systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Characteristics, etc.
- Must be successful in leading and performing design engineering for Cincinnati equipment
- Ability to solve challenging mechanical and fluid related issues
- Adopt and promote lean practices in all activities, considering the elimination of wasteful resources for any goal other than the creation of value for the end customer
- Planning ability to think ahead and plan over a two year time span
- Strong customer orientation
- Commitment to company Core Values
- Be a creative, energetic and enthusiastic team leader
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands: The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This role does not offer sponsorship employment benefits and being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. You must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or recent lawful permanent resident to apply.
✓ Paid Vacations
✓ Paid Holiday and Personal Days
✓ Profit Sharing
✓ Medical Insurance (including HSA)
✓ Company Paid Dental Insurance
✓ Vision Insurance
✓ Accident Insurance
✓ Life Insurance: AD&D
✓ Disability Insurance
✓ Generous 401K Employer Match
✓ Flexible Spending Account
✓ Tuition Reimbursement
✓ Employee Assistance Program
✓ Parental Leave