ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the applications and sales team to clearly identify and define the customer’s technical requirements and specifications for the system to be proposed.
- Work with the applications team to determine suitable Yaskawa and purchased supplier products to assemble into a working solution to meet the customer’s needs.
- Must be able to use multiple functions of Epicor including determining cost of components and assemblies to be used as part of an overall cost estimate
- Prepare detailed and comprehensive layouts and mechanical design detail and assembly drawings for production release and build using Solid Works design software.
- Prepare mechanical bill of material for project purchasing
- Attend and originate design review meetings as needed
- Investigate engineering change requests for current and past projects
- Perform various related engineering duties to assure satisfactory fulfillment of contract or project requirements.
- Design and specify pneumatic schematics
- Maintain and apply working knowledge of various current manufacturing processes and technologies
- Evaluate compliance with applicable industry standards.
- Travel required on an infrequent basis. Must have a valid driver’s license and full coverage automobile insurance.
- Must follow ISO procedures as the job requires and provide feedback to improve our processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate degree or technology diploma and five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires machine/system design and Solidworks 3D modelling and assembly software skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, comprehend and follow complicated verbal instructions. Understand and utilize the design manual and interpret for others.
Requires good analytical skills with computer-aided design, and knowledge of geometric tolerance. Basic knowledge of Physics including concepts such as pulleys, springs, inertia, friction, gravity and forces.
Work requires ingenuity to plan and implement projects under minimal supervision, to examine advanced subjects, to use some independent judgment required to make decisions of an administrative nature.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Ability to use computers to supplement design efforts and have an understanding of manufacturing processes. Must be team oriented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Would anticipate approximately six hours per day at PC. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Duties may require the occasional use of/contact with/exposure to various hazardous
materials (such as, but not limited to, grease, oils, lubricants, paint, thinner, parts cleaner etc.). Employees should have basic awareness of hazardous materials. Those directly using the materials must have specific knowledge of material in use.