- Receive work assignment; secure drawings, set-up sketch, programs, and tool list
- Use crane and lifting devices to place workpiece on machine table, rotary table, auxiliary table, floor plate and/or set-up fixtures making close measurements at multiple locations to level and align work. (may be difficult at times due to irregular shape of part)
- Install program and appropriate tools. After engaging power, adjust coolant and observe entire operation, checking dimensions and adjusting as needed.
- Report program errors or malfunctions, edit programs as needed
- Set and utilize instruments to check tool settings for proper cutting dimensions, adjust settings as necessary.
- Continually check fixtures and holding devices for setups to assure proper working conditions. Store tools and maintain necessary tool records.
- Perform simple layout work when required, using templates or by calculations, measuring and marking surfaces for machining
- Perform very close machining operations such as drilling, boring, reaming, facing, milling, on parts such as shear housing, tables, rams, holddown beams, beds, brake housings, rams, beds, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and perform all assignments in a safe manner and in accordance with established quality procedures
- High School diploma or certificate of equivalency
- 2 years prior machining center experience
- Technical school certificate or degree is preferred
- Programming skills is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret prints with GD&T
- Ability to edit programs
- Excellent math skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to company Core Values
- Programming experience is preferred
✓ Paid Vacations
✓ Paid Holiday and Personal Days
✓ Profit Sharing
✓ Medical Insurance (including HSA)
✓ Company Paid Dental Insurance
✓ Vision Insurance
✓ Accident Insurance
✓ Life Insurance: AD&D
✓ Disability Insurance
✓ Generous 401K Employer Match
✓ Flexible Spending Account
✓ Tuition Reimbursement
✓ Employee Assistance Program
✓ Parental Leave