Machine Learning/AI Lead
Work authorization (Required)
Computer Vision: 5 years (Required)
Doctoral Degree (Preferred)
C++: 5 years (Preferred)
Leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
Machine learning: 10 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Are you excited to lead the innovation of AI and automation in industrial robotics? If the answer is yes, we have an opportunity for you.
Novarc Technologies is looking for a Machine Learning/AI Lead (Computer Vision) to join our growing team and support the production of our cobots.
This position will provide you with an opportunity to apply the latest AI research into a robot that will be shipped globally and change the world. Your officemate will be a team of like-minded AI engineers like yourself as well as cobots for you to program!
- Develop the next generation of smart industrial manufacturing robots
- Work along-side our world class team of researchers and developers to deploy robots globally
- Improve our industry leading results, as well as shepherding future products to production
- Strong programming skills: C++ preferred
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or similar area
- Demonstrated expertise in the latest applications of deep learning algorithms to problems in camera-based computer vision, such as: Image segmentation and classification; Video analysis
- Latest advances in neural networks: GAN, recurrent, LSTMs, transformers, etc..
Nice to haves:
- Proven algorithms ownership and end-to-end R&D research cycle
- Experience with cameras and video processing
- 6 DOF robotics experience, specially Yaskawa, ABB, Fanuc, Kuka.
- Growing Opportunities – We are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Great place to be – We have created a fun, adventurous, and open-minded environment where our teams are encouraged to bond and expose a little weirdness.
- Best People – Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people.
- Lots of Opportunities – We are constantly looking for stand-out talent internally to move into leadership positions.
About Novarc Technologies:
Novarc Technologies is an award-winning technology company based in North Vancouver, B.C. Since opening its doors in 2013, Novarc has built advanced collaborative welding robots for pipe welding applications. Novarc uses sensor-based controls and computer vision with cutting-edge software and hardware to improve the quality and efficiency of pipe welding. Our main product is a state-of-art collaborative robot that is currently being shipped internationally.
We are excited to invite you to join our growing team for this amazing journey!
“Novarc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, political belief, marital or family status, religion, special abilities, age, sex or sexual orientation, or a criminal conviction or charge that is unrelated to employment of to the intended employment of that person. This applies to all our practices of recruitment, selection, promotion, training and development, health and safety, and compensation.”
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Doctoral Degree (preferred)
- C++: 5 years (preferred)
- Leadership: 5 years (preferred)
- Computer Vision: 5 years (required)
- Machine learning: 10 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in North Vancouver, BC
Experience 5+ years experience
Education Advanced graduate degree