Laser Applications Engineer (CNC-TP)
Position Summary and Purpose: To support field sales and marketing with impactful presentations and demonstrations of lasers and laser automation to prospects as well as conduct time studies and application reviews. This role will require these demonstrations to be customized based on the application in collaboration with the product and field sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support sales team with application requests and effective product presentations and demonstrations.
- Proactively manage, coordinate, and communicate product demonstrations with field sales and prospective customers.
- Provide application assistance to customers and field sales in a timely manner.
- Support sales and marketing team with product videos, photos, and other content.
- Aid the product, marketing, sales and training teams on the features and benefits of lasers and laser automation.
- Assist in customer validation of lasers and laser automation as requested either at our facility or the customer’s.
- Travel to customer’s site to provide application training both domestically and internationally.
- Share information obtained from customers to improve products and performance on customer’s equipment.
- Maintain a high level of product and industry knowledge to provide credibility to the sales department and customers.
- Analyze available data to successfully respond to application requests and maximize equipment performance.
- Support efforts to collect competitive and VOC (Voice Of the Customer) data.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in a technical field or 2+ years hands-on experience with lasers.
- Experience with nesting and CAD software packages.
- Proficient with Google apps and Microsoft Office.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with laser automation systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Characteristics, etc.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Cincinnati products.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and lead by example.
- Proficient in project management systems.
- Commitment to company core values.
- Adopt and promote lean practices in all activities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands: the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, lift up to 50 lbs., and operate large machinery. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Travel is required.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This role does not offer sponsorship employment benefits and being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. You must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or recent lawful permanent resident to apply.
✓ Paid Vacations
✓ Paid Holiday and Personal Days
✓ Profit Sharing
✓ Medical Insurance (including HSA)
✓ Company Paid Dental Insurance
✓ Vision Insurance
✓ Accident Insurance
✓ Life Insurance: AD&D
✓ Disability Insurance
✓ Generous 401K Employer Match
✓ Flexible Spending Account
✓ Tuition Reimbursement
✓ Employee Assistance Program
✓ Parental Leave