This position serves as Journeyman Welder/Fabricator at the KAYA Fabrication Facility located
in Charleston, SC.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs general welding and or fabricating assignments in accordance with layouts,
blueprints or work orders, using a variety of shop equipment including plate shear, press
brake, iron worker, water jet, arc, and gas welding equipment, and other basic hand and
2. Fabricating tasks include research, development, and design of new custom components,
as well as fabricating from existing design drawings for a wide range of applications
including structural steel towers, hand rail, stairs, ornamental, and custom metal cabinetry.
3. Welding tasks include MIG, TIG, STICK, gas, and thermal cutting and grinding, repair of
broken or cracked parts, filling holes, and resizing metal parts.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to
include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
1. Shall have the ability to weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products,
such as machine parts, plant equipment, motors and generators.
2. Required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification
standards of governmental agencies or professional and technical associations.
3. Prior to performing production work, shall be qualified for specific material and processes
in accordance with American Welding Society Welding Handbook.
4. Must be capable of executing welds in all positions, with all types of metals and alloys in
various shapes including pipes, structural forms, plates, sheet metal, bar stock, machinery
and equipment; as well as, have experience in electric arc, gas shielded arc, and gas
5. Must be able to read drawings, blueprints, and/or sketches, and fabricate from same.
6. Should be able to perform his/her tasks with minimal supervision.
7. Must have valid SCDL
8. Must have United States citizenship.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical requirements and environmental conditions of this position consist
1. Ability to lift 75 lbs.
2. Ability to work longer than normal hour under less than desirable conditions.
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education