Just imagine…..YOU working in a manufacturing setting that creates some of the most widely used medical products in healthcare today!
We pay weekly! Generous shift premiums! Comprehensive benefits package!
Location: MGS Germantown – Molding Group: N117 W19125 Fulton Drive, Germantown, WI 53022
Join our Team! MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a Molding Process Technician – Plastics within our Molding Division at our facility in Germantown, WI.
MGS Mfg. Group is a best-in-class custom manufacturer that delivers plastics solutions in tooling, molding, and equipment technologies to help customers around the world bring innovative products to market.
We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and look for individuals that have the same passion! We have a global footprint and our employees are a vital part of our success. We maintain and reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect and communication that will foster continued growth and career opportunities. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire a culture of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Safety. To learn more visit us at www.mgsmfg.com.
The Molding Process Technician – Plastics ensures presses are running components that meet the quality standards. This position will set up, start up, shut down, and troubleshoot plastic injection molding presses.
The current opening is on the 12 Hour Day or Night Shift. Work hours are 6:45 to 7:00 under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours).
As a Molding Process Technician – Plastics, you will:
- Check production process against documented process, which includes all support equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production molds. (i.e. mold cleans, basic insert changes and proper greasing of tools).
- Perform set ups on 2-shot tools, rotary strippers, turn table style, spin stacks and robotics.
- Perform programming functions and troubleshoot for robotic/automation systems.
- Perform set-up and troubleshoot for injection molding.
- Perform start-up and shut-down procedures.
- Verify setting are accurate.
- Approve quality of parts to go into production.
- Record start up and in process checks and identify events.
- Update process window per procedure when necessary.
- Perform a viscosity curve.
- Perform a gate freeze.
- Perform 2-shot molding.
- Trouble shoot valve gate systems and trouble shoot hydraulic systems on tools.
- Monitor material handlers and provide training to ensure that they perform proper set up of materials.
- Monitor set up technicians and provide training to ensure that they do set ups properly.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
The ideal Molding Process Technician – Plastics will fulfill these requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Completion of an accredited two-year technical college program, or a four-year university program, in a related field of study is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience or accrued on-the-job training and experience.
- Fork truck and Lock out Tag out Certification.
- Plastics injection molding experience.
- Basic hydraulic, electrical and troubleshooting experience.
- Able to program a core sequence on a tool.
Experience 3-5 years experience
Education High school diploma or equivalent