Are you a Simulation enthusiast? Great! Have you worked with SOLIDWORKS Simulation and/or SIMULIA? Even better! The High Performance Computing Engineer, FEA is responsible for providing product expertise to customers as it relates to Finite Element Analysis and related Simulation services. This position will be working with Stellantis in Auburn Hills, MI. This expertise is demonstrated through conducting product demos, consultations, implementation project management, and other customer-focused projects. Ultimately, the goal of the High Performance Computing Engineer, FEA is to deliver exceptional service and technical guidance to CATI’s customers. This position is currently working mostly remote with the potential to turn into a hybrid work model with Stellantis.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical support for Abaqus, Isight and Tosca in an HPC environment.
- Automate massive Abaqus post-processing operations by developing generic Python programs.
- Provide demos for application usage on workstation and HPC to Engineering users.
- Optimize runtimes for CAE HPC runs by researching and implementing run strategies.
- Enhance HPC job submission by overhauling front-end and backend code infrastructure.
- Perform testing for CAE applications before production release on HPC and workstation.
- Masters’ Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in the industries of Mechanical Design, Manufacturing, and/or Mechanical CAD
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience using advanced Simulation features in CAD, such as Finite Element Analysis and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in a service-oriented role
- Superb understanding with engineering and product development processes and environments
- Ability to learn new skills, adapt to changing environments and show attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must possess dynamic problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with teams
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Windows environment and Microsoft Office products
- Exemplary Project Management skills
Who we are: Founded in 1992, Computer Aided Technology (CATI) has been a trailblazing and dedicated leading industry provider of product development solutions in the world of 3D Manufacturing and Engineering. With the help of our powerful portfolio of software, 3D printing, 3D scanning and metrology, PDM and PLM, design automation, and implementation solutions, CATI has created an award winning organization that helps its customers stay ahead of the game when it comes to developing and designing products. After experiencing tremendous growth, CATI boasts the title of Largest SOLIDWORKS Solutions Provider and #1 reseller of 3D Printers in the world! CATI is dedicated to teamwork, fostering a great workplace, and playing to win!
Why you’ll love working at CATI:
- Hybrid working model
- Full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and healthcare savings/spending account options
- Company paid benefits including Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Basic Life Insurance
- Optional benefits such as pet, legal, identity protection, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Paid Holidays (includes floating holidays), PTO, and Voluntary Time Off
- 401K with a generous employer match
- Professional development opportunities and certifications
- Casual office attire, with the exception of customer appointments
- Complimentary beverages and snacks provided
- Company culture that encourages innovation, tenacity, and personal and professional development