Fitter/Fabricator $19.44 – $34.58 hr
Full Job Description
Prep, layout, fit, finish, and repair complex fabrications to work packages in accordance with product specifications, production schedule under the guidance of the shop superintendent.
Review, despiser, understand and execute information from work packages, fabrication drawings, blueprints, weld symbols, specifications, and customer requirements.
Cuts, shears, shapes, preps material using various shop equipment for assembly of fabrications.
Preforms weld preps based on weld symbols and specifications on processed material
Builds fixtures as needed to hold weldments to tolerance when welding
· Set-up and operate machinery to support the fabrication shops such as hand and power tools , magnetic drills, drill press, grinders, cutting torches ,cutting tractors, breaks, shears etc.
· Layout, position, align processed material assisting welders to secure parts & assemblies according to specifications by various measuring devices, straightedges, combination squares, levels, building aids etc.
· Work within assigned group to move and position work pieces using overhead cranes
· Fills out and maintains work packages as required
· Has own personal basic fitting and measuring tools
· Inspects own work assures it meets product specifications, issued drawings, shop package completion and is compliant before presented to QA
· Inspect equipment to maintain functionality; report any equipment malfunctions
· Work with others to assist in the fabrication of multi-component fabrications as well as on their own.
· Dispatched to other buildings within the Navy yard and possible other job sites at times when requested
5+ year proven work history in the fabrication industry as a fitter/shop fabricator
· Have experience in fitting complex fabrications for welders and fabricating non-welded components
· Advanced knowledge and experience with Shears, Breaks, punches, grinders ,cutting torch, drill press, etc.
· US Citizenship and ability to pass a background check and drug screen
· Understands welding symbols, can decipher work packages diagrams, blueprints, and or other printed instructional material.
· Can cut material by means of shears, cutting torch, plasma torch track burner etc.
· Operate break to form material
· Safety focused.
· Able to work in a team environment and self-motivated.
· OSHA /10 safety training required provided by Rhoads, having an up-to-date Osha/10 a plus
Working Experience in MIL work Per TP1688 and TP278 in the DOD industry is a plus
· High school Graduate, related Trade school and history of experience in this industry required.
· and or approved dual citzenship may be required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.44 – $34.58 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $19.44 – $34.58 per hour
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Philadelphia, PA 19112: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Welders & Fabricators: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
$19.44 – $34.58 an hour
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education