Field Service Technician Bending Des Moines, IA (field)
Amada offers market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement program
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Holiday and Vacation program
To support customers with (but not limited to) Amada Press Brakes. This includes installation, service, operational training, networking, programming training, software training, application training, and bending automation training. The duties are not exclusive of performing the same functions for Punch Press, Shears and other general fabricating machines, including automated material loading/unloading machines.
• Proficient in trouble shooting mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, control systems as well as networks.
• Able to precisely follow layout drawings and blue prints used in the installation of equipment.
• Complete status (service) reports on a daily basis and expense reports on a weekly basis.
• The ability to communicate in the English language.
• Excellent customer relations and follow through.
• Managing the total equipment installation process at Customer site entailing use of hand tools, climbing, bending, stooping.
• Operation, applications, software, and part programming capabilities, and customer training of such.
• Use of Amada applications software used in line control and part programming.
• Regular travel within assigned territories.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• The ability to communicate in the Spanish (Mexican) language.
Reports to Regional Service Manager
A 4 yr degree in Electronics or a minimum of a 2 yr degree with related work experience preferred.
• Ability to analyze and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, optical and electrical systems.
• Ability to use hand tools, Volt/Ohm meter and Oscilloscope.
• Working knowledge of computers and Windows OS.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
• Being accountable and responsible to service and support a customer through all aspects of the customer’s ownership of the machine.
Routine travel within assigned territories with occasional over night stays.
LIFTING: Average Weight: 50 lb. Frequency: Daily
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)