MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, Field Service Engineer in our Automation Division located in Germantown, WI.
MGS Mfg. Group is a best-in-class custom manufacturer that delivers plastics solutions in tooling, molding, and equipment technologies to help customers around the world bring innovative products to market. We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and look for individuals that have the same passion! We have a global footprint and our employees are a vital part of our success. We maintain and reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect and communication that will foster continued growth and career opportunities. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire a culture of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Safety. To learn more visit us at www.mgsmfg.com.
The Field Service Engineer will provide on-site machine installation, troubleshooting, repair and training for our domestic and international customers.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will..
- Test, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic mechanical functions per machine capabilities in field at customer production sites.
- Conduct training with customer’s employees to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Customer focused to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Perform field service repair, installation and start-up of machines, including but not limited to complete electrical and hydraulic integration.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documenting of all service related activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC’s and drives.
- Provide customer service technical phone support.
- Assist in mechanical/electrical assembly and testing of equipment to meet scheduled deliveries.
- Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times
Experience and Skills
A qualified Field Service Engineer candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- Completion of an accredited two-year associate’s degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent accrued experience and on-the-job training.
- Two or more years of field service experience.
- Previous Plastic injection molding experience is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting ability to support electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and servo applications.
- Ability to read hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic drawings and schematic prints.
- PLC experience preferably with Allen Bradley (Logix 500 and 5000).
- Servo drive experience preferably with Rexroth (Indraworks).
- Projects a positive attitude and calm demeanor with customers and co-workers.
- Strong and professional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively using professional e-mail etiquette.
- Solid analytic, diagnosis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to continually learn and support new technologies.
- Must be able to travel up to 40%-50% domestically.
Experience 3-5 years experience
Education Advanced graduate degree