!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MUST APPLY AT
Gulf Copper & Manufacturing Corporation is hiring for a Fabricator 1st Class for our Yard in Corpus
INSTRUCTIONS ON APPLYING: Head to https://asp1.humanic.com/pls/gulf/hapss_index.apss > select Careers tab > select Apply Online > Location drop down menu > select Corpus Christi > Select position code 171721 – Fabricator 1st Class
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plan and develop layouts from blueprints and templates, applying knowledge of trigonometry, design, effects of heat, and properties of metals.
2. Plan locations and sequences of cutting, drilling, bending, rolling, punching, and welding operations, using compasses, protractors, dividers, and rules.
3. Design and construct templates and fixtures, using hand tools.
4. Add dimensional details to blueprints or drawings made by other workers.
5. Direct welders to build up low spots or short pieces with weld.
6. Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
7. Layout and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
8. Locate and mark work piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
9. Mark reference points onto floors or face blocks and transpose them to work pieces, using measuring devices, squares, chalk, and soapstone.
10. Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
11. Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
Required Education & Experience:
1. High School Diploma and/or one year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
2. Industrial and/or marine Pipe or Plate/Structural fabricating experience:
1st Class: 3-5 years
2nd Class: 1-3 years
3. NCCER card preferred.
1. Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, etc.
2. Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE.
3. Some climbing (100 feet) and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
4. Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights while wearing fall prevention equipment.
5. Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
6. Aboard ships, both on and offshore as well as confined spaces.
7. Must be able to stand and operate equipment up to four continuous hours.
8. The work requires long periods of sitting in awkward positions, standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
Necessary Equipment Operation:
1. Blow torches — Hand torches; Welding torches
2. Gauges or inspection fixtures — Dial indicators; Sine bars; Surface gauges
3. Power saws — Cutoff saws; Power hacksaws; Radial arm saws
4. Punches or nail sets or drifts — Center punches; Drift pins; Punches
5. Shears — Beverly shears; Hand shears; Unishears
1. Ability to work under deadlines and schedule pressures.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings and technical manuals.
3. Perform basic mathematical functions.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. High performance and a strong team player.
6. Commitment to company values and safety program.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of assigned personnel.
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education