Job Description: Fabrication Foreman
Davis Door builds high-end and high use custom fabricated aluminum doors for commercial buildings. We have a dedicated fabrication facility in South Seattle, where our skilled team of fabricators build products that have won countless commercial customers for decades. Our fabrication division is an integral part of our larger service, repair, and install business, enabling us to uniquely serve our customers.
The Fabrication Foreman plays a key role in ensuring the success of Davis Door Service. This role has two main objectives; providing fabrication direction and support, taking an active role in material and subassembly movement and production.
This role requires a knowledgeable and skilled fabricator, who understands how to produce quality products.
– Ensuring the fabrication and assembly departments have the materials and direction they need to run effectively.
– Complete small shop fabrication requests (can include cutting, bending, punching, welding, painting).
– Build sub-assemblies for products as needed
– Ability to read and implement prints and shop drawings
– Provide technical support for layout, welding, and assembly.
– Ensuring that Quality Control processes and procedures are being followed
– Analyzing and diagnosing process and product failures
– Reviewing manufacturing process for improvement opportunities
– Experience using common fabrication equipment including: Mig & Tig welder, metal break, shear and iron worker.
– A sense of personal responsibility, and passion for the success of the business
– A professional demeanor and punctuality
– Team oriented, can do attitude
– Ability to stay organized and on task in a fast paced environment
*A pre-employment drug test and background check will be required.
As we continue to grow, the person applying for this role will have the opportunity to take on other roles and greater responsibility within the division team.
This is a full time position Monday-Friday. Davis Door Service provides a generous medical, dental, vision and 401k plan. We offer paid holidays, as well as paid time off. In addition, there is an annual bonus, as well as company provided events and tickets to sports events.
This role reports to the Division Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.00 – $35.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Following CDC guidelines
manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
$31 – $35 an hour
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education