We’re currently seeking a team member to join us at our manufacturing plant in Warren, Ohio. Dasher Lawless Automation designs, constructs and maintains AutoParkIt™ Systems which are fully automated parking structures for new and existing sites that doubles parking capacity within the same volume as traditional parking structures.
The Warren facility is now manufacturing key components for the automated parking systems and is looking for a Welder/Fitter to develop the internal machine shop. We’re currently looking for a team member that is excited about working for a local startup company and the associated opportunities that are presented. We’re seeking an individual that is self-driven, independent, ambitious, and willing to learn.
Dasher Lawless is a company that believes in investing in its employees and is always training and promoting from within. When we recognize commitment, we foster and develop skillsets to improve our employees. We’re committed to improving our company and the surrounding community.
This position will be a direct report to the Production Supervisor, who reports to the Director of Manufacturing.
Applicants should be fluent in TIG, MIG & Flux core welding and should be able to pass a fitting test. Applicants should have 3-5+ years minimum of experience in welding.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Responsibilities of the Welder/Fitter:
· Perform welding processes on mild steel and other metal parts using welding metals and metal alloys.
· Fit up according to blueprints
· Cope, cut and fabricate to fit blueprint specs
· Weld parts according to engineering drawings and specifications
· Use hand welding and cutting equipment such as welders, plasma, and gas torches to weld and cut metal components in all positions
· Work from sketches, prints, operation sheets, preliminary drawings, and both written and verbal instructions
· Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded
· Perform welding in multiple positions
· Maintain a positive attitude and cohesive team-oriented work environment with all employees
· Operate MIG/TIG machines to fabricate specific jobs
· Perform minor maintenance of equipment
· Operate overhead cranes, tow motors, and other material handling equipment
· Ability to lift heavy objects, not limited to 50 lbs. as required
· Maintain housekeeping practices in welding area
Requirements of the Welder/Fitter:
· 3-5+ years of experience
· Reliable transportation
· Welding certifications are a plus, but not a requirement
· Preferred experience with AWS standards and uses
· Pay commensurate with experience
· Paid holidays
· Paid sick time
· Paid vacation
Monthly health insurance stipend
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $25.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Warren, OH 44483: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Welding: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
$16 – $25 an hour
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education