Under general supervision, work on assignments involving the origination, design, and development of new robotic systems and products and/or the modification and improvement of existing designs. Will have an electrical or mechanical focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Must be able to perform advanced mechanical and/or electrical calculations to verify the overall outcome of the design requirement/intent.
• Must be able to use multiple features of the Yaskawa Motoman ERP system including, but not limited to, the Item Master, Bill of Material, Purchasing and production Module, and Engineering Modules.
• Attend, originate and be responsible for internal and customer design review meetings as necessary.
• Must follow ISO procedures as the job requires and provide feedback to improve our processes.
• Able to understand and apply industry standards.
• Travel required on a frequent basis. Must have valid driver’s license and full coverage automobile insurance.
• Assist in solving technical problems throughout project cycle, especially during the design, manufacturing and debug phases of the project.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of project design and layouts, calculations, bills of materials, and other pertinent engineering data.
• May be assigned to several projects at one time.
• Assist project personnel in specific phases or aspects of a project such as project design and technical studies.
• Prepare or assist in design and development of robotic and automated systems in accordance with applicable customer specifications.
• Provide supporting documentation for Final Documentation packages.
• Prepare specifications that provide detailed build requirements for peripheral equipment such as tracks, positioners, weld fixtures, grippers, etc.
• Must have AutoCAD experience.
• Solid Edge experience is a plus.
• Adhere to project schedule and budget requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science degree and zero to two years related experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Good organizational skills, ability to solve problems, good communication skills, and computer literate. Able to multi-task.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups and managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Would anticipate about one hour a day/minimum at PC. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Duties may require the occasional use of/contact with/exposure to various hazardous materials (such as, but not limited to grease, oils, lubricants, paint, thinner, parts cleaner, etc.). Employees should have basic awareness of hazardous materials cautions. Those directly using the materials must have specific knowledge of material in use.
Motoman is an EEO employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)