Embedded Systems Engineer
Embedded Product Engineer – Industrial Devices
Wintriss Controls Group – is seeking a multi-talented individual to join our Engineering team to help with sustaining existing microcontroller-based products and design new ones. Success in this role requires an understanding of analog/digital electronics and microcontroller programming as well as eagerness to learn how the products are used in the field.
· Sustain existing microcontroller-based products involving both software changes and help
with electronic component obsolescence and replacement.
· Assist with design/testing of new PC boards assemblies and the CSA approval process.
· Testing of prototypes involving FMEA, electrical noise susceptibility and reliability.
· Product level engineering with failure analysis and working directly with suppliers or purchasing.
· Creation of bill of materials and ECO’s using our ERP system.
· Help troubleshoot circuit board test and configuration issues encountered by manufacturing.
· BSEE degree or equivalent with 2 to 3 years of experience.
· Some prior experience or knowledge of microcontroller hardware interfaces and C programming.
· Good soldering skills for prototype circuit eval in the engineering lab.
· Strong computer skills including the use of PC based protocol diagnostic tools.
· Serial Communication Interfaces (SCI): RS-232 & Universal Serial Bus (USB).
· Embedded PCs and Multimedia Cards (SD Cards, Compact Flash etc.).
· Ethernet and Fieldbuses: CAN-Bus, LIN-Bus, PROFIBUS, etc.
· Analog to Digital/Digital to Analog (ADC/DAC). JTAG & DB9 ports.
· Microcontrollers: 8051, HC08/11/12, 68HC11, Freescale 68HCS12, Microchip, Atmel ARM.
· PCB layout & schematic design and Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
· Focused/Flexible: You stick to current priorities, avoid distractions and able to deal with interruptions.
· Self-managed: You are able to figure out when to shift priorities and are a positive facilitator.
· Team player: You have excellent communication/collaboration skills and can take direction from senior engineers.
Wintriss Controls group LLC is a leading manufacturer of press automation, die protection, and safety controls for the metal stamping industry, and data collection software for all discrete manufacturing. These products, which leverage Wintriss’ 50+ years of experience in the metal stamping industry, are known for their proven performance and rugged dependability in the toughest factory environments. We are located in Acton, MA where we design, manufacture, and service our productivity and safety solutions.
Wintriss Controls Group, LLC offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match. Wintriss is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience 3-5 years experience
Education Bachelor's degree