Yaskawa America Inc. is a global leader in variable speed drives, motion controls and robotics. We look to hire people who value a positive work environment, have a passion for technology and have a desire to learn and grow. Yaskawa’s culture of continuous improvement values hiring individuals that are looking for the opportunity to stretch their current talents and skills to the next level and beyond.
The Electrical Technician is responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing complex technical problems on a broad product line of PC Board, AC Servo Motor, Inverters, and AC Servo Drives to the component level using advanced technical skills.
Description of Duties:
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and repair Variable Frequency Drives, AC Servo Motors and AC Servo Drives.
- Utilize schematics, assembly drawing and test equipment to perform analysis and repairs.
- Develop detailed repair reports for customer review.
- Perform through hole and surface mount soldering.
- Identify and provide ideas to continually improve Yaskawa internal processes including maintaining all test fixtures, equipment, and test units such as motors, drives, and pc boards.
- Provide Group Leader with daily updates of schedule conflicts and completion of rush orders.
- Associate degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent related work experience.
- Experience in electronic/electro-mechanical repair and troubleshooting.
- Experience with high power circuits preferred.
- Ability to read and use schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to speak, write and read English.
- Experience with through hole and surface mount soldering.
- Basic experience with hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
We offer the opportunity to experience the excitement, challenge and rewards of working in a fast growing, industry leading company. Some key advantages to working at Yaskawa include working in a global environment with interactions to numerous cultures, opportunities for career growth, a highly competitive benefit package, including a generous 401K matching plan, profit sharing and educational assistance programs up to $10,000 a year for graduate study.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)