Electrical Design Engineer
Apply Before : April 5, 2023
Apply on Company site
Position Summary and Purpose: Develop and maintain the electrical and electronic controls used on Cincinnati Incorporated’s products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design clear and accurate wiring diagrams prior to release to manufacturing
- Create accurate bills of materials for new products with sensitivity to lean principle during creating
- Review electrical designs for required compliance with NFPA, NEC, ANSI and other applicable standards
- Design electronic modules and systems for machine tool controls.
- Design, debug and maintain firmware for controls.
- Provide creative solutions to combat obsolescence of purchased parts.
- Investigate emergent technology for possible inclusion in product lines.
- Specify and select industrial PC components including hardware and software modules
- Continuously review components pricing, identifying opportunities to replace with lower cost of equal or better quality
- Serve as technical support for manufacturing and service
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is required
- Delta Tau controls experience is required
- Industrial control engineering experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Characteristics, etc.
- Must be creative, energetic and enthusiastic
- Knowledge of motion control systems
- Ability to create digital and analog electronic designs
- Understanding of PC hardware and operating systems
- Experience with machine safety, risk assessment and redundancy
- Committed to company Core Values
- Knowledge of design for reliability and design for manufacturability techniques preferred
- Understanding of EMI, RFI suppression techniques preferred
- Working knowledge of UL (Underwriter Labs) is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands: employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
This role does not offer sponsorship employment benefits and being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. You must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or recent lawful permanent resident to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
✓ Paid Vacations
✓ Paid Holiday and Personal Days
✓ Profit Sharing
✓ Medical Insurance (including HSA)
✓ Company Paid Dental Insurance
✓ Vision Insurance
✓ Accident Insurance
✓ Life Insurance: AD&D
✓ Disability Insurance
✓ Generous 401K Employer Match
✓ Flexible Spending Account
✓ Tuition Reimbursement
✓ Employee Assistance Program
✓ Parental Leave