tenacity; will examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs; and
by taking initiative will manage change and engage the team, playing a critical role in the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Lead, plan and implement all strategic initiatives for the overall supply chain including implementing new or improved supply chain management and lean processes to increase efficiency and performance. This includes cost reductions, manufacturing & sourcing, material spend, inventory levels, working capital, resource utilization, capacity planning, supplier strategy, supplier consolidation plans and supply risk contingency planning.
- Lead special projects related to productivity, customer metrics, supplier negotiations, Sales & Operations Planning and other continuous improvement efforts.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, warehousing, or receiving
- Mentor and coach a team of supply chain professionals in driving operational excellence and supply chain best
- practices across business units and functional organizations.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Monitor transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Design and implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to growing and changing market conditions, new business opportunities, and cost reduction strategies.
- Coordinate the supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Identify or qualify new suppliers in collaboration with other departments, such as service, manufacturing and engineering.
- Support proper utilization of ERP systems.
- Lead the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance to achieve total cost of ownership savings through improvement to policy, price, process, service levels and supplier management.
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Work with internal stakeholders to resolve any chronic part shortage or quality problems which are affecting production schedules
- Coordinate supply chain activities with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, engineering, production and quality assurance.
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- 7-10 years minimum experience in a supply chain leadership role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (preferred), Supply Chain / Logistics, or similar relevant field
- APIM Certified Production Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Demonstrated expertise in Lean and Six Sigma concepts, certification preferred
- MBA is a plus
- Hands-on experience with supply chain management software
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria)
- Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier agreements and contracts
- Good interpersonal, project management and presentation skills with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Critical thinker. Excellent math and analytical skills. Problem-solving experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure success
- Skilled in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Team player with exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Fosters a culture of learning and improvement
- Professional, courteous, positive and respectful; leads by example and knows how to handle conflict
- High energy level
- Experience in international materials procurement management
(Future Reporting – TBD)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands: The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The
employee may lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
✓ Paid Vacations
✓ Paid Holiday and Personal Days
✓ Profit Sharing
✓ Medical Insurance (including HSA)
✓ Company Paid Dental Insurance
✓ Vision Insurance
✓ Accident Insurance
✓ Life Insurance: AD&D
✓ Disability Insurance
✓ Generous 401K Employer Match
✓ Flexible Spending Account
✓ Tuition Reimbursement
✓ Employee Assistance Program
✓ Parental Leave