Director Manufacturing Operations
Work authorization (Required)
Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Mechanical-electrical: 10 years (Preferred)
Systems Manufacturing: 10 years (Preferred)
Lean manufacturing or Blackbelt: 10 years (Preferred)
Product management: 10 years (Preferred)
Systems management: 10 years (Preferred)
Quality Control: 10 years (Preferred)
Are you excited to lead the innovation of AI and automation in industrial robotics? If the answer is yes, we have an opportunity for you.
Novarc Technologies is looking for a Director Manufacturing Operations to join our growing team and support the production of our cobots.
The Director Manufacturing Operations develops and implements manufacturing strategies in support of business objectives and manages all aspects of the manufacturing operations. The Director is responsible for all aspects of operational performance including internal production, outsourced manufacturing, new product introduction, continuous improvement, quality and safety as well as building the capabilities of the manufacturing organization.
- Structure, plan and lead manufacturing operations to achieve company quality, delivery, cost and profitability goals.
- Develop a best-in-class manufacturing organization and a culture of operational excellence through lean manufacturing and appropriate manufacturing technology strategies.
- Build the capabilities of the manufacturing operations organization to support short and long term business goals.
- Support the Product Development process and partner with Product Management and R&D while leading and executing new product introduction activities for all manufacturing operations
- Support and foster a Safety Culture throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will possess manufacturing operations leadership experience, ideally from best-in-class manufacturing companies, as well as strong technical/engineering and project management expertise. With a proven history of successfully deploying Lean best practices in a manufacturing operation and/or across multiple outsourced manufacturing facilities, she/he will have a demonstrated ability to effectively lead diverse, highly-engaged functional groups.
The candidate will be results driven and possess the grit to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. The successful candidate will be a strong, hands-on, execution-oriented leader and team player who affects change both directly and through partnering in a dynamic environment. The ability to travel internationally is a must.
- 10 or more years experience in electro-mechanical materials and systems manufacturing environments.
- Strong experience implementing Lean manufacturing. Black Belt trained or equivalent experience.
- A broad-based manufacturing operations skillset in production management, manufacturing engineering, materials control and quality systems.
- Experience working closely with product design and product management while leading new product introduction practices for all manufacturing operations.
- Strong technical competencies in electro-mechanical manufacturing, assembly and test technologies including machining, welding & fabrication, automated and manual processes.
- Experience with ERP systems and best in class business process
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Operations Management or equivalent experience
Schedule: This is a permanent full time position. Our office is in North Vancouver. We offer a hybrid work environment but candidates must be willing and able to commute to the office several times a week.
- Great place to be – We have created a fun, adventurous, and open-minded environment where our teams are encouraged to bond and be authentic.
- Best People – Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people.
- Lots of Opportunities – We are constantly looking for stand-out talent internally to move into leadership positions.
About Novarc Technologies:
Novarc Technologies is an award-winning technology company based in North Vancouver, B.C. Since opening its doors in 2013, Novarc has built advanced collaborative welding robots for pipe welding applications. Novarc uses sensor-based controls and computer vision with cutting-edge software and hardware to improve the quality and efficiency of pipe welding. Our main product is a state-of-art collaborative robot that is currently being shipped internationally.
We are excited to invite you to join our growing team for this amazing journey!
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Mechanical-electrical: 10 years (preferred)
- Systems Manufacturing: 10 years (preferred)
- Lean manufacturing or Blackbelt: 10 years (preferred)
- Product management: 10 years (preferred)
- Systems management: 10 years (preferred)
- Quality Control: 10 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (preferred)
Work Location: One location