MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Controls Electrician within our Equipment Division at our facility in Germantown, WI. The Controls Electrician is responsible for layout, assembly, and wiring of electrical control devices as well as for finish wiring of machines and troubleshooting electrical problems.
MGS Mfg. Group is a best-in-class custom manufacturer that delivers plastics solutions in tooling, molding, and equipment technologies to help customers around the world bring innovative products to market. We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and look for individuals that have the same passion! We have a global footprint and our employees are a vital part of our success. We maintain and reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect and communication that will foster continued growth and career opportunities. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire a culture of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Safety. To learn more visit us at www.mgsmfg.com.
As a Controls Electrician, you will:
- Perform assignments as part of a team involved in the planning, organizing, and development of complicated projects.
- Layout of required materials on sub-panels.
- Assemble and label required components according to schematic of sub-panel.
- Ability to redline electrical schematics.
- Wire sub-panel according to schematic.
- Mount sub-panel to machine frame according to engineering prints.
- Wire in all motors, lights, and input/output fixtures onto power unit.
- Drill and tap in proper locations per requirements.
- Test and trouble shoot as needed.
- Assist in ancillary production functions such as purchasing, costing, and bill-of-materials.
- Assist in mechanical assembly or other production duties, not necessarily related to panel assembly, in order to meet deliveries.
- Support and assist in continuous improvement plans.
- Act in a customer service technical support role both internally and externally.
- Follow NEC, CE, and CSA wiring standards.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
A qualified Controls Electrician will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Panel wiring experience, or equivalent combination of education and on-the-job training or experience.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot electrical equipment.
- Familiar with NEC, CE, and CSA wiring standards.
- Good time management skills.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and able to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Experience 3-5 years experience
Education High school diploma or equivalent