Full Job Description
DFF Corporation is a contract manufacturer specializing in medium to high volume production of precision machined components and electro-mechanical assembly products. Our team of experts offers engineering design assistance including design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) enhancements.
Despite our tremendous growth, we remain rooted in the belief that responsiveness to our customer needs will continue to separate us from our competition.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Financial Controller provides financial leadership to the manufacturing facility(s). This position will be accountable for driving results to the Platform Controller. The Plant Controller will be responsible for maintaining the financial control environment that complies with the Company’s internal control policies.
The Financial Controller is expected to be a dynamic leader on the plant leadership team by contributing to all areas of accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and HR management. This individual will also be responsible for leadership of non-financial plant administrative processes such as sourcing and warehouse (raw materials).
Reports to: This position reports directly to the site General Manager with strong reporting accountability for driving results to the Platform Controller at CGI Manufacturing Holdings.
Span of Control: This individual is responsible for leadership of non-financial plant administrative processes such as sourcing, information systems, scheduling, warehouse and shipping.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accounting and Internal Operational Controls:
- Fully manage the month-end closing cycle. Drive for an improvement of the closing process with the goal of a 5-Day Close (Currently a 10-Day Close)
- Maintenance of the Chart of Accounts and Mapping Tables for Financial reporting
- Reconciliation of monthly sales invoices to G/L.
- Account Receivable Management: manage aging of invoices and drive for improvement on AR aging. Calculates the bad debt reserve.
- Ensures that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including: data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to Corporate policies and governmental regulations.
- Drives a robust representation letter process that provides assurance and visibility to a sound internal control environment.
- Leads the Continuous Sign-off process to ensure that accountability for internal controls is clear and that processes are documented.
- Co-Lead ERP implementation of Global Shop
- Controls performance ratings
- Audit ratings
Financial reporting and analysis:
- Delivery of monthly financial statement package (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Leads financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes
- Prepares and delivers the plant financial forecasts and projections
- Monitors the plant’s monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-financial personnel
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to budget and to forecast
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning
· Monthly Reporting Package
· Weekly Flash Reports
· Weekly 13-Week Cash Flow
· Weekly Highlights and Challenges
· Monthly Forecasting
· Annual Budget
- Timely and accurate Closing process
- Forecast accuracy and timeliness
- Balance Sheet Integrity
· Managing all Banking relationships and maintain proper banking structure
· Manage the Audit. Work closely with the auditors.
· Manage the outside IT Service Provider
Driving plant profitability:
- Leads actions in line with achieving targets, mitigating risk and prioritizing resource needs
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making
- Provides investment analysis
- Assists in contract evaluation and negotiation
- Key performance indicators
- Financial performance against budget
Human Resources and Payroll:
· Promotes and enforces Company policies, laws, and regulations.
· Fosters an environment of ethical standards.
· Administers payroll and works closely with our payroll processor to deliver a timely and accurate payroll
· Benefits Administration – oversees employee benefits, health insurance, 401(k), vacation time, etc.
· Leads Companywide Performance Management process.
· Manage Company recruiting
· Covid-19 Reporting
· Management of legal resources if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant discipline required. MBA, CMA, CPA preferred.
- Providing leadership to organizations within a manufacturing operation(s) – Leading savings, forecasting and investment analysis
- Operating in a range of economic conditions, i.e., expansion, contraction, stable economic conditions – forecasting, scenario planning, risk analysis and contingency development.
- ERP implementation and integration.
- Delivering continuous improvement.
- Participating in the development of strategic plans.
- Negotiating, developing and evaluating customer and supplier contracts
- Attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding talent – growing talent and succession planning.
- Demonstrated high growth in previous experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles – understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs – effectively develops business cases and engage leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market and to use this knowledge to drive customer and product profitability decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic initiatives.
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Intelligent, creative, and analytical.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a high energy level – has a bias for proactive actions.
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments, and styles.
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information and recognizes uncertainty of success; weighs and manages risk in decision making; able to make decisions detrimental to a few but helpful to many.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location
Education Bachelor's degree