Business Development Manager
Gallagher Fluid Seals, Inc. is a global distributor and manufacturer of Fluid Sealing products. Gallagher represents the strongest seal manufacturers in the world, in addition to operating its own gasket fabrication facility. Gallagher serves both OEM & MRO customers through the development of technical solutions that solve sealing challenges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate new business by developing prospects into hot leads for the Outside Sales team.
- Assess, prioritize and develop leads into customers
- Document a detailed workflow on all prospecting activities along with support from the Sales Director.
- Grow sales at both assigned accounts and prospects. Use a project-based Value Selling sales methodology to identify, prioritize and close new sales.
- Utilize CRM (SalesForce) capabilities to aggressively manage projects, follow-up activities and pursue lead development.
- Demonstrate an expert level of competency in key products for respective markets/customer base.
- Attend and participate in targeted trade shows
- Review supplier costs, provide margin / profit recommendations, establish market selling price.
- Provide the Engineering Department with application details, sufficient to assure efficient processing of engineering action requests.
- Continuous Learner: The Gallagher Seals product line is constantly expanding. This person is expected to be a life-long learner and to participate in product training activities.
- Recover lost business
- Contribute to the quality and environmental effort by following policies and procedures and recommending improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree highly desirable, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5 years experience in Seals sales, preferably to OEM’s
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Experience in fluid seals, process control, fluid control, or instrumentation highly preferred
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to initiate, track and close long-term projects and negotiate immediate business.
- Operate at a very high level of proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Must be capable of creating price/sales scenarios.