L.A. West is a world leader in Lifestyle Enhanced Luxury Coach Design and Haute Couture Automotive Excellence. With over three decades of successful engagement in 2nd stage automotive manufacturing.
We have an immediate opening with opportunity for advancement to those who have great attendance, follow directions, work hard, take initiative, and show promise. This is 40-hour week, year-round employment with benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Candidates should have at least 1 year of MIG welding experience.
· Must feel comfortable attending a MIG welding test on-site at the facility.
· Mechanically inclined and skilled with hand, air, and power tools.
· Must be proficient in work.
· Must be detail oriented and be very meticulous about you work.
· Perform as a team member which requires the ability to learn, perform and rotate to other workstations.
· Perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance, and safety standards.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Obtain supplies and parts required to do the job.
· Assist other employees when assembly work is not required.
· Clean department and maintain neatness in the surrounding work areas.
· Must have passed or be able to pass Print Reading and MTE.
· Must have a general or working knowledge, average skill, and some experience with ordinary and semi-complex equipment to be operated.
· Must be able to do minor weld and rotator machine adjustments, change weld wire, change weld tip, change gas, read, and interpret work orders, read blueprints, use full scale drawings.
· Must have knowledge of inspection tool use.
· Must have a working knowledge of common, easy to recognize materials.
· Must be able to constantly sustain an exertion and lifting of parts up to 25 lbs.
· Ability to occasional lift tooling components weighing 10 to 75 lbs.
· Continuous mental and visual attention and alertness is required.
· Solid work history with interest in pursuing a long-term full-time placement with a growing company.
· Ability to use ladders, enter and exit vehicles, reaching, bending, twisting, squatting, working below knees or above shoulders.
· Ability to use air and electrically powered tools such as drills, hammer drills, torque wrenches (powered or non-powered), air tools.
· Ability to read and understand work orders, directions, charts, forms, and safety regulations.
· Ability to correctly use and read various gauges.
· Ability to work well with other employees in a team environment.
· Ability to read a tape measure to a sixteenth (1/16) of an inch.
· Must have strong problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to work in a strong team environment.
Great employees are a vital and integral part of creating our “Best in Class” product. We take notice of and reward high performing workers. Applicants should be self-motivated team players, reliable and practice great attendance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
10 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Statesville, NC 28625: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
$20 – $22 an hour
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education