Responsible for system integration, robotic programming, run off, installation and start up both at Yaskawa Motoman and at the customer’s site to the satisfaction of the customer. Responsible to perform Q/C’s at Yaskawa Motoman, and perform Field Service functions as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinate with and assist manufacturing to build and integrate robotic systems and give feedback to Engineering.
• Participate in the performance of system Q/C at certification (prior to shipment and at customer’s facilities as necessary).
• Develop project programming plans and program structures.
• Develop necessary project processing parameters to meet quality requirements.
• Perform system runoffs to the satisfaction of the customer while meeting contractual requirements.
• Provide programming assistance both in-house and in the field.
• Average travel of 50%. Must have a valid driver’s license and full coverage automobile insurance.
• Perform field service on Yaskawa Motoman supplied products, including phone support, pager duty, and on-site troubleshooting and repair.
• Perform engineering and manufacturing functions for projects including customer contact, hardware/software debug, materials coordination, build, and implementation.
• Provide project documentation and records, per ISO procedures and company requirements.
• Provide systems training to the customer.
• Perform system quality check prior to shipment.
• Participate in design, kickoff and project status meetings as required.
• Support robot engineers/Lead Application technicians as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
An Associates Degree in a technical field and four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Some cross training with manufacturing and service will be beneficial and is required.
External training on programming and use of PLCs and other support equipment
(lasers, plasma welders and cutter, spot welders, etc.) will be on an as needed basis. Basic electrical knowledge is a must. Good interpersonal skills and ability to interface with customers.
Thermal – thermal process knowledge, strong welding process knowledge including material and process parameter proficiency.
Robotic – mechanical automation working knowledge, multiple manufacturing process knowledge and understanding PLC logic knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Duties may require the occasional use of/contact with/exposure to various hazardous materials (such as, but not limited to grease, oils, lubricants, paint, thinner, parts cleaner, etc.). Employees should have basic awareness of hazardous materials cautions. Those directly using the materials must have specific knowledge of material in use.
Motoman is an EEO employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)