Team member needed for extremely busy local sign company in DeBary, FL. We are looking for an experienced welder/custom sign/canopy fabricator. Ideal candidates must have a good attitude and a strong work ethic. Please reply with your resume and desired salary for consideration. Must be able to follow instructions, work as a team, and be able to work efficiently.
– Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Reading and comprehending structural and graphic details in order to translate to a physical object
– Use of radial arm/chop saws, sheet metal shears, and various cutting tools to cut the stock to size.
– Use of Mig / spool guns to weld structural elements of the sign frame together
– Use of sheet metal breaks/folders to form sign skin.
– Understanding of all the means of mechanically or chemically bonding sheet metal skin to sign structures.
– Understanding of basic wiring of sign components.
– Essential Skills include but are not limited to:
– The ability to accurately read a tape measure (down to 1/16″ increments)
– Attention to detail (we build to within 1/8″ margin of error)
– Solid communication skills to communicate between coworkers and management
– The ability to effectively and accurately weld aluminum using the mig process
– Prior experience in the sign industry is required.
– Reliable transportation to work is required
– Must be able to work in all weather conditions
Organizational skills are a must
– Must be able to lift more than 50 lbs overhead
– Must work in a safe manner for yourself and others.
Candidates must have the ability to fabricate and assemble structural metal products, such as framework or shells for illuminated sign cabinets or pole signs according to custom job order, verbal instructions and blueprints.
Please do not apply if you don’t meet these qualifications.
Qualified applicants will be contacted via indeed email for interviews. Due to the nature of our business, please do not come in person until you have an interview date/time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
$22 – $25 an hour
Career Level Others
Experience No experience
Education No education